    [http://clutter-project.org/], a pretty neat-looking UI-oriented layer
    atop OpenGL. It mentions ruby bindings - anyone used this?

    martin

    Martin DeMello, Jun 10, 2008

  2. Martin DeMello wrote:
    > Just stumbled across the Clutter toolkit
    > [http://clutter-project.org/], a pretty neat-looking UI-oriented layer
    > atop OpenGL. It mentions ruby bindings - anyone used this?

    Looks very promising... I'd like to use this instead of tk canvas for 2d
    stuff.

    But some of the tests seem broken, and the ruby bindings someone wrote
    last year never did get integrated, afaict.

    Something to keep an eye on though.

    Joel VanderWerf, Jun 13, 2008

  3. On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Martin DeMello <> wrote:
    > Just stumbled across the Clutter toolkit
    > [http://clutter-project.org/], a pretty neat-looking UI-oriented layer
    > atop OpenGL. It mentions ruby bindings - anyone used this?

    It looks like the ruby bindings haven't been updated in a while
    http://svn.o-hand.com/view/clutter/trunk/bindings/rbclutter/

    but at the very least, the author used them just last week
    http://www.busydoingnothing.co.uk/blog/2008/06/06#AbusingClutter

    Latest tarball
    http://www.busydoingnothing.co.uk/rbclutter-0.4.0.tar.gz

    Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney