Ruby-openGL almost working?

Tomasz Chabora

Ruby-opengl problem is very old, I don't know about any good solution
for Ruby 1.9.2. But here is a compiled gem/package:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/167380/ruby-opengl-0.60.1.zip (from some forum)
To make it work:
-> install ruby-opengl, and wait for it to fail to install
-> unpack the 3 folders included in the zip, in the opengl gem folder,
and replace the stuff.
-> unpack the glut32.dll in the ruby/bin folder

Tested, working. But for Ruby 1.9.1. For 1.9.2 it makes very strange and
new error. When trying to run an example, there is some error like: "No
such file to load: opengl". Just like Ruby can't find opengl.rb. It's on
good place, because all other gems are working good for me, and their
main file is in the same directory (gem/lib).
I'm a quite advanced in Ruby programming, but I don't know how these
RubyGems etc. exacly work.
Any ideas for this problem?

Markus Fischer

Hi,

When trying to run an example, there is some error like: "No
such file to load: opengl". Just like Ruby can't find opengl.rb.

The library path changed, namely the "current directory" -> '.' is *not*
included any more. You'll need to fix the paths were to find opengl.rb .

HTH,
- Markus