Apache 2, Tomcat 5 and mod_jk

Lalit Mehta

Hello All,

I am trying to try running tomcat with apache. I want all requests to
come to apache server and if the request is for jsp or servlet, it is
sent to tomcat server.

I researched a bit and found that mod_jk is what could be used to handle
this situation.

My question is that when a user come to apache server a session is set
and when the user is sent to tomcat server I want to be able to get that
session content. What is the best way to do so.

Also, just curious, will it make any difference if the apache and tomcat
are on separate server as compared to installed on same machine?

Thanks in advance,

-Lalit

Joined
Dec 24, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Hi Lalit,

>Also, just curious, will it make any difference if the apache and tomcat
>are on separate server as compared to installed on same machine?

from the functionality point of view of your application it should not
give you any difference. but most of this decisions depends on application architecture.

bye
learner