    Did I look too quickly ?

    We are OK that this is not quite in the topic of this newsgroup. Which
    one would you advise ?
    Gloops, Aug 19, 2013

  2. Gloops

    JJ Guest

    On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:41:48 +0200, Gloops wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > In my statistics I saw that http://appercot-ti.com/ visited my site.
    >
    > I presume that this is an honour, but I found no way of displaying what
    > they say in another language than Russian, in which I just can say "da",
    > and I am not sure about the accent.
    >
    > Did I look too quickly ?
    >
    > We are OK that this is not quite in the topic of this newsgroup. Which
    > one would you advise ?

    Which part of statistics is that, actually?

    If it's on the "Referrer" field, then it means that a person was browsing
    appercot-ti.com then clicked on a link that point to your website. So this
    person may or may not be associated to appercot-ti.com.

    Although it's probably unlikely, if it's on the IP or origin, then the
    person's IP is really part of appercot-ti.com's IP block, and is associated
    with appercot-ti.com.
    JJ, Aug 19, 2013

  3. Gloops <> writes:

    > In my statistics I saw that http://appercot-ti.com/ visited my site.

    What does it mean to say that a URL visited your site?

    > I presume that this is an honour, but I found no way of displaying
    > what they say in another language than Russian, in which I just can
    > say "da", and I am not sure about the accent.

    Are you talking about some sort of comment mechanism? Did someone leave
    a comment or post a reply to something perhaps?

    Your question seems to be about translating what was said, and that's
    not really on topic in an HTML group. Did you try an online translator?

    It's possible you have an HTML question. Maybe you want to know how to
    mark the language a remark is written in, or maybe you want some
    automatic way of translating marked-up text, but that does not seem
    likely.

    > Did I look too quickly ?
    >
    > We are OK that this is not quite in the topic of this newsgroup. Which
    > one would you advise ?

    Sorry, I have not better suggestion. Traffic is very low in this group
    so I doubt that anyone will mind much.

    --
    Ben.
    Ben Bacarisse, Aug 19, 2013
  4. If you're asking about translating the page simply view it using Chrome.

    Richard Fisher
    Helpful person, Aug 19, 2013
  5. Gloops

    Gloops Guest

    Well, this is in the log, it is not very easy to make the fields
    correspond to their titles, as some fields are empty.
    I insert an empty line between the titles line and the data line, as I
    thing it will be clearer :

    #Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port
    cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) cs(Cookie) cs(Referer) sc-status
    sc-substatus sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken

    2013-08-18 20:35:34 192.168.111.40 GET /Home.aspx - 80 - 46.118.126.194
    Opera/9.0+(Windows+NT+5.1;+U;+en) - http://appercot-ti.com/ 200 0 64 0
    126 2683

    There are several lines like that but I imagine it is clear with one.

    It is somewhat strange to see 192.168.111.40 in a web log, no ? Well I
    precise that appercot-ci.com is not my hoster.

    I changed the hosting solution recently, the analysis solution that was
    proposed with the previous one is not available with this one. I shall
    have to discover what is proposed.

    Well, about the translation, I wanted to be sure I did not miss
    something obvious, I guess I shall have to ask them by mail whether the
    site is proposed in another language. Given the object, it would be a
    good idea.

    Thank you for your answers.
    Gloops, Aug 19, 2013
  6. Gloops <> writes:

    > Well, this is in the log, it is not very easy to make the fields
    > correspond to their titles, as some fields are empty.
    > I insert an empty line between the titles line and the data line, as I
    > thing it will be clearer :
    >
    > #Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port
    > cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) cs(Cookie) cs(Referer) sc-status
    > sc-substatus sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken
    >
    > 2013-08-18 20:35:34 192.168.111.40 GET /Home.aspx - 80 -
    > 46.118.126.194 Opera/9.0+(Windows+NT+5.1;+U;+en) -
    > http://appercot-ti.com/ 200 0 64 0 126 2683

    So http://appercot-ti.com/ is the referrer. It's not 100% reliable
    (essentially the client can set it to anything it likes) but it may well
    be reliable in this case.

    > There are several lines like that but I imagine it is clear with one.
    >
    > It is somewhat strange to see 192.168.111.40 in a web log, no ? Well I
    > precise that appercot-ci.com is not my hoster.

    No, I think s-ip is the server IP address. The c-ip (46.118.126.194) is
    the client IP address.

    <snip>
    --
    Ben.
    Ben Bacarisse, Aug 19, 2013
  7. 2013-08-19 23:50, Gloops wrote:

    > #Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port
    > cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) cs(Cookie) cs(Referer) sc-status
    > sc-substatus sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken
    >
    > 2013-08-18 20:35:34 192.168.111.40 GET /Home.aspx - 80 - 46.118.126.194
    > Opera/9.0+(Windows+NT+5.1;+U;+en) - http://appercot-ti.com/ 200 0 64 0
    > 126 2683

    So? Someone or something seems to have visited http://appercot-ti.com/
    and followed a link there that points to your page. Why should we care?
    Why should even you care? Are you going to scan through the logs daily
    and check out such things?

    This is Usenet, so some odd people might help with this odd question if
    you had told the URL of *your* page.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 19, 2013
  8. Gloops

    Gloops Guest

    Hot-Text wrote, on 20th Aug. 2013 10:16 UTC + 2 :
    > If I see:: visited my site
    > I world ping it with SuperScan 3.00
    >
    > appercot-ti.com
    > * + 195.43.83.57 fb-sys15.camelhost.net
    > (...)
    > And put this in the Web Browser Address Bar
    > http://appercot-ti.com/Thank_You_For_Coming_By
    > He see is message in his 404 Page not found Log
    >
    > You is he is Host by: camelhost.net

    Well, what gave you the idea to write "Thank_You_For_Coming_By" ?

    Gloops, Aug 20, 2013