applets using jogl

ivan danicic

Hello All, I'd like to write some applets using jogl.
I have written some "applications" using jogl and also applets
without jogl. Short examples would be most useful.
Any comments gratefully received.
Ivan

Andrew Thompson

ivan said:
Hello All, I'd like to write some applets
Why?

..using jogl.
I have written some "applications" using jogl

How did you launch the applications? I've seen a lot
of JOGL demos, and deployed a few.

All easily launched using webstart.
..and also applets
without jogl. Short examples would be most useful.

You can launch appletas the same way as JOGL applications,
but there is not much much point making a free-floating,
non-resizable applet*, when you could have a resizable
(or not) free floating frame.

* E.G. <http://www.physci.org/pc/jtest-applet.jnlp>
* E.G. <http://www.physci.org/pc/jtest.jnlp>

HTH

Andrew T.

ivan danicic

Andrew said:
Why?
To put into my web site.

How did you launch the applications? I've seen a lot
of JOGL demos, and deployed a few.
What do you mean "launch"?
All easily launched using webstart.

You can launch appletas the same way as JOGL applications,
but there is not much much point making a free-floating,
non-resizable applet*, when you could have a resizable
(or not) free floating frame.
Please explain.
Ivan.