Appliation BIN Folder

RM

I have an ASP.NET application thatuses .NET controls in both code behind
pages and in html pages. In order to have the DLLs that contain the
controls in one place only (i.e. the bin folder) the code to instantiate the
controls on the html pages was changed to look like
"bin\assemblyname#controlname" as aopposed to "assemblyname#controlname".
In order o make this work the bin folder now has to have "read" access and
the Excute permissions set to "scripts". This works well except that
sometimes the perviously mentioned permissions seem to get reset. Not sure
why that may be happening or how I may prevent it ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

RM.

Craig Deelsnyder

I have an ASP.NET application thatuses .NET controls in both code behind
pages and in html pages. In order to have the DLLs that contain the
controls in one place only (i.e. the bin folder) the code to instantiate
the
controls on the html pages was changed to look like
"bin\assemblyname#controlname" as aopposed to "assemblyname#controlname".
In order o make this work the bin folder now has to have "read" access
and
the Excute permissions set to "scripts". This works well except that
sometimes the perviously mentioned permissions seem to get reset. Not
sure
why that may be happening or how I may prevent it ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

RM.

Are you using a deployment project or copying via VS.NET to your server?
Only thing I could think of is at deployment they are reset somehow...do
you notice this as the time it's occurring?

RM

I am deploying to this folder. The deployment is done using an installer
(an msi). The settings seem to be reset randomly. Often it happens on the
first access to the folder during a session. Other times it happens when a
file is replaced in the folder.

RM.