Application execution problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Rich, Mar 23, 2007.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    I am attempting to just demonstrate some basic mobile ASP.NET app
    capabilities. I have created a new web application and inserted the
    following demo code in the default.aspx page, which clearly does
    nothing extraordinary:

    <%@ Page language="c#"
    Inherits="System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="Mobile"
    Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls" Assembly="System.Web.Mobile"
    %>
    <mobile:Form id=Form1 runat="server">
    <mobile:Label id=Test Runat="Server">Hello, Mobile World</
    mobile:Label>
    </mobile:Form>

    I can build this site without problem but when I attempt to browse it
    I get the following error:

    Parser Error Message: The type
    'System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage' is ambiguous: it could come
    from assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Mobile
    \2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Mobile.dll' or from assembly 'C:
    \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Visual Studio
    2005\Projects\mobile_demo\mobile_demo\bin\mobile_demo.DLL'. Please
    specify the assembly explicitly in the type name.

    Any ideas? I'm sure I'm doing something stupid but I can't figure it
    out and 30 minutes of poking around the boards has yet to yield any
    resolutions.

    Thanks,
    Rich
    Rich, Mar 23, 2007