Application_Start not firing!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by paulo, May 5, 2004.

  1. paulo

    paulo Guest

    I have an asp.net app on 3 webservers (all same platform). The apps
    make extensive use of Application variables.
    A problem is occuring on 1 app - I have itentified that application
    variables are not been loaded on Application_Start. For example:

    in global.asax:
    protected void Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    Application["TEST"] = "TestAppString";
    }

    in webform:
    string strTest = (string)Application["TEST"];
    Response.Write(strTest)
    }

    DOES NOT WORK in 1 site. The other 2 work fine.
    I was concerned that maybe the application is not restarting, but I
    have stopped/started IIS, restarted aspnet_wp, even rebooted the box.
    My next step is to set fire to it.
    The strange thing is that it was working fine a couple of days ago.

    Has anyone experienced a problem like this before, or can anyone think
    of a config setting that could be causing this?

    Many thanks,
    Paul.

    paulo, May 5, 2004

  2. paulo

    Patrice Guest

    Is the root declared as an application in IIS ?

    Patrice

    Patrice, May 5, 2004

  3. paulo

    paul duffin Guest

    Thanks for posting a reply so quickly.
    Yes the root of the website is an application.

    paul duffin, May 5, 2004