Arabic Problem using Asp and Access

NohaKhalifa

Dear All ,
I have a very big problem regarding using Arabic Character set .

I'm Developing an Arabic Web Site using Asp and connecting to Access
Database .
but i have a problem retreiving data from database after i uploaded
site to the hosing server ....
All the arabic data retreived from database using Asp appears as
question marks ??????? and only staic arabic written in asp pages
appears well but which retreived from database appears wrong .

I put charset=windows-1256 in all my Asp pages and the hosting site
support told us that they enabled Arabic in there system "Windows" .

If anyone have any idea about this problem .please, send to me .

Thanks alot
Noha Khalifa

Mark Schupp

If you look directly into the database are the Arabic characters correct?

Try using utf-8.

In global.asa session_onstart add:

session.codepage=65001

in the content-type metatag on each page use charset=utf-8.