ASP Access Denied error

marijuanated

Hi,

I am getting the following error while trying to access an ASP page.

Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

Server.CreateObject Access Error

/hypoccs/Report/PFR85.asp, line 15

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
Access is denied to this object.

Can somebody help me out

Thanks,
Sundar

Daniel Crichton

Hi,

I am getting the following error while trying to access an ASP page.

Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

Server.CreateObject Access Error

/hypoccs/Report/PFR85.asp, line 15

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
Access is denied to this object.

Can somebody help me out

Thanks,
Sundar

On Line 15 of that ASP script there is a call to Server.CreateObject to
instantiate an external object, and the account that IIS is running under
does not have permissions to execute that external object. You will need to
look at line 15 to work out what you are trying to call, and from there
determine what permissions you need to set to get it to work.

Dan