ASP -> ASP.NET Authentication!

Adam

Hi all,

I have an existing ASP app that uses standard Session handling for user
authentication.

I am know developing new functionalityh in ASP.NET and am wondering is their
anyway to bridge both modules together without the user having to login
again manually using ASP.NET authentication procedures.

Is there a way to get these two talking together?

Any Thoughts??

Regards,
Adam

Lau Lei Cheong

I usually will use Access database with expire time to store cross-boundary
sessions.

Paul Clement

¤ Hi all,
¤
¤ I have an existing ASP app that uses standard Session handling for user
¤ authentication.
¤
¤ I am know developing new functionalityh in ASP.NET and am wondering is their
¤ anyway to bridge both modules together without the user having to login
¤ again manually using ASP.NET authentication procedures.
¤
¤ Is there a way to get these two talking together?
¤
¤ Any Thoughts??

You might want to indicate what type of authentication your applications are configured for in IIS.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Brock Allen

You can do this. Start using FormsAuthentication. Have your ASP.NET code
do the login and issue the cookie (via normal FormsAuth). On you ASP pages,
make some cross app call (Remoting, WebServices, etc) for every request in
to see if the cookie is legit. If not, redirect to the ASP.NET login page.
If the cookie is legit then the user is logged in. One last thing is that
while on the ASP side you may need to reissue the cookie so the user is not
logged out after the timeout.

Andrea Zani

Adam said:
Hi all,

I have an existing ASP app that uses standard Session handling for
user authentication.

I am know developing new functionalityh in ASP.NET and am wondering
is their anyway to bridge both modules together without the user
having to login again manually using ASP.NET authentication
procedures.
Is there a way to get these two talking together?

Any Thoughts??

Regards,
Adam

Using Cookie?