ASP cookies problem

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by patbaudy, May 16, 2005.

  1. patbaudy

    patbaudy Guest

    I'm trying to create cookies on the fly with ASP.
    Here is what I'm doing:

    ------------------
    Dim OrderSetNumber, combo

    OrderSetNumber = request.Form("orderNum")
    combo = request.Form("comboType")

    response.Cookies("order")(CStr(OrderSetNumber))("combo") = combo

    -----------------

    When I run the code, the following error occurs:

    "Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01b6'

    Object doesn't support this property or method: '[object]' "

    Can someone help?
    Is it possible to create cookies on the fly with asp?
    Also, is it possible to create variable on the fly too?

    Best regards,

    Pat
    patbaudy, May 16, 2005

  2. patbaudy

    Evertjan. Guest

    patbaudy wrote on 16 mei 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > response.Cookies("order")(CStr(OrderSetNumber))("combo") = combo

    response.Cookies(a)(b)(c) is not defined

    response.Cookies(a)(b) is.

    <http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/110299-1.shtml>

    --
    Evertjan.