ASP Error 0126 include file not found, when using ".." in include file path

Eric

Hello,

I tried to post this a few minutes ago, but never saw it show up,
hopefully this won't be a double-post.

I have some server side includes on a Classic asp page that look
something like:

<!-- #include virtual="/includes/file1.asp"-->
<!-- #include virtual="/includes/file2.asp" -->
<!-- #include virtual="/includes/file3.asp" -->
<!-- #include virtual="/includes/file4.asp" -->
<!-- #include virtual="/includes/file5.asp" -->
<!-- #include virtual="/includes/file6.asp" -->
<!-- #include virtual="/includes/file7.asp" -->
<!-- #include virtual="../includes/file8.asp" -->
<!-- include virtual="/_utils/file9.asp" -->

When we'd attempt to load the page it would give us a ASP Error 0126
include file not found error referring to ../includes/file8.asp.

I changed it to a /includes/file8.asp and the problem went away. I
don't really see what the advantage of having the .. in there, but we
have this type of syntax in a lot of other asp pages.

I can do a search and replace, but I'm wondering if there's some IIS
setting that will prevent the error from happening. I was thinking
that we should turn on directory browsing, but it was already on (this
is an internal test web site).

Could there be some kind of user permission issue? This is on a
freshly built from scratch test server. The web page hasn't really
changed much, not at all with regard to this include statement.

Thanks,
Eric