File not found error using #include virtual with UNC path

chris_peoples

I have a virtual directory, lets say it exists at www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/
virtual-dir points to another directory on another server using the
unc path: \\server-b\main-dir

I have a file at www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.asp, using
the following include:
<!--#include file="some_include.asp"--->

Going to www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.asp works perfectly
fine

HOWEVER

If I have another asp file at www.server-a.com/my_script.asp, which
uses the following include:
<!--#include virtual="/virtual-dir/some_script.asp"--->
it produces this error:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/virtual-dir/some_script.asp, line 2

The include file 'some_include.asp' was not found.

Anybody have any clues as to why it would say file not found, even
though the file clearly exists?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

[...]

Have you enabled "parent paths" using IIS Manager?
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/why-do-i-get-asp-0130/asp-0131-errors.html

chris_peoples

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"- Hide quoted text -

Yes I have that enabled on both servers, and am still getting the
error message.

I thought it might be a permissions thing but the error still occurs
after adding full control to 'Everyone'.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Yes I have that enabled on both servers, and am still getting the
error message.

I thought it might be a permissions thing but the error still occurs
after adding full control to 'Everyone'.

Oh wait, I didn't read closely enough ... there's two servers involved?
This is likely to be a permissions issue. Your asp code is running under the
context of a local account on server A. That local account is not a member
of the Everyone group on server B.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

chris_peoples

Oh wait, I didn't read closely enough ... there's two servers involved?
This is likely to be a permissions issue. Your asp code is running under the
context of a local account on server A. That local account is not a member
of the Everyone group on server B.http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"- Hide quoted text -

Whoops, now I'm getting a 401. I changed the password of the
IUSR_machine account as instructed, but I didn't realize until
afterwards that those are instructions for Win2000, and I'm on
Win2003. Seems like it would be the same principal though, unless I
missed something.

chris_peoples

Whoops, now I'm getting a 401.  I changed the password of the
IUSR_machine account as instructed, but I didn't realize until
afterwards that those are instructions for Win2000, and I'm on
Win2003.  Seems like it would be the same principal though, unless I
missed something.- Hide quoted text -

Got it solved. Had to change the password in IIS and Computer
Management. Thanks for your help on this.