Include file not found???

Lin Ma

Dear All,

Suddenly today, some of my asp application file have the following error:

But the file is exist. Any idea how to fix it? Web server is W2k with
current sevice pack.

Thanks a lot.

Lin Ma

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/Corp/QMS/application/CIA/aspfiles/TempCIAEmail_Validation_Accept.asp, line
159

The include file 'TempCIAEmail_RemoveDupAddress.asp' was not found.

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

Show the code and explain your directory structure. Windows doesn't
suddenly "forget" that files exist; odds are, you changed IIS' folder
structure, moved files in windows, or are simply pointing at the wrong
folder. Are you using <!--#include file or <!--#include virtual? Are you
leading with ./ or ../? Are parent paths enabled?

This is part of the problem of having applications that live under six
levels of subfolders. Even the most organized person can get lost in that
hierarchy.

Lin Ma

Aaron, thanks a lot.

This application is working for a while except today one page has a problem.
Most of the pages with include files are working.

1. All the include files in the same folder.

2. In this specific page, I use <!--#include file="... .asp" -->. If I try
it again, it will tell me different include file. This time, it tells me the
TempCIAEmail_CCList_InvVerifierPerson.asp is not find.

I do nest the include files. like:

Top.asp
<!--include file="TempCIAEmail.asp" -->

In TempCIAEmail.asp
<!--include file="TempCIAEmail_Validation_Accept.asp" -->

In TempCIAEmail_Validation_Accept.asp
<!--include
file="TempCIAEmail_CCList_InvVerifierPerson.asp" -->

Thanks

Lin

Lin Ma

One more thing I forgot to say is that it is working on my development
server which is W2k.

Thanks,

Lin

Lin Ma

FYI.

We reboot the IIS and the problem goes away.

Thanks for your suggestion and time.

Lin