ASP framework error

Donovan Zimmerman

I've never had problems with ASP, but I got 2 new
computers, and when I create a web application, they both
fail with an http/1.1 500 Internal server error. In the
event log I then start getting the following error
approximately every 20 seconds.

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for
the failure is 80070545. This error can be caused when
the worker process account has insufficient rights to
read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that
the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the
ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the
configured account.

I ran aspnet_iisreg against the root from the v1.1.4322
directory and I even tried reinstalling 1.1, but nothing
works. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Donovan Zimmerman

All my permissions are correct, and this happens if i
just try to create a new asp web application. One odd
twist is that if I pull the site out of VSS, it shows the
error http:/1.1 500, but it actually creates the
directory and copies the files in. As long as I'm
connected to VSS, it even compiles. But if I try to
create a new app, it gives the http:/1.1 500 error, but
it doesn't create a directory in wwwroot or put in files
in.

Dave Ross

I had the same problem. None of the Q articles or fixes mentioned in
the dozen or so posts here worked.
What finally fixed it was that I uninstalled .net framework (which I
had installed from VS .net pro trial disks), rebooted, and installed
latest .net framework from Windows Update. it worked!
hope this helps