    I can learn from a good reputable source, this way I can learn the
    right way.

    Thanks in advance!

    Mangler, Apr 14, 2008

  2. "Jon Paal [MSMD]" <Jon nospam Paal @ everywhere dot com> wrote in message
    news:teidnTS_Tcz-EZ7VnZ2dnUVZ_hSdnZ2d@palinacquisition...

    > "Mangler" <> wrote in message
    >>I use Dreamweaver to develop ASP sites and am reaching a point where
    >> yes it is helpful but I want to know more. I would like to dive in a
    >> hand code things one of these days and was wondering if anyone out
    >> there has any good references as to where I could learn the language
    >> from the ground up. I figured I'd ask the professionals out there so
    >> I can learn from a good reputable source, this way I can learn the
    >> right way.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance!

    > http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/ASP/default.htm

    Hmmm. I would hardly categorise that site as necessarily a good example of
    the "right way". It uses ODBC to connect to Access, concatenates variables
    directly into Sql statements without any validation, uses recordset objects
    for inserting and updating, includes examples of using CDONTS, and their
    example sites are susceptible to SQL injection - just to name a few faults.

    To Mangler - classic ASP hasn't been developed since around 2000, so there
    are limited new sources of information. Even some of the samples on MSDN
    have failed to keep up with deprecation. Frankly, the best sources of good
    practice are here in this news group, and www.aspfaq.com.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Mike Brind [MVP], Apr 14, 2008

  3. "Jon Paal [MSMD]" <Jon nospam Paal @ everywhere dot com> wrote in message

    > "Mike Brind [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Hmmm. I would hardly categorise that site as necessarily a good example
    >> of the "right way". It uses ODBC to connect to Access, concatenates
    >> variables directly into Sql statements without any validation, uses
    >> recordset objects for inserting and updating, includes examples of using
    >> CDONTS, and their example sites are susceptible to SQL injection - just
    >> to name a few faults.
    >>
    >> To Mangler - classic ASP hasn't been developed since around 2000, so
    >> there are limited new sources of information. Even some of the samples
    >> on MSDN have failed to keep up with deprecation. Frankly, the best
    >> sources of good practice are here in this news group, and www.aspfaq.com.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Brind
    >> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    > tell the author of the website, maybe he'll update it.....

    Which one? Macon State? Or MSDN?

    --
    Mike Brind
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET