ASP LinkButton and DataGrid only work on smaller DataSets

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andreas, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Andreas

    Andreas Guest

    Hi:

    I am writing an ASP webpage that is supposed to export data from a
    DataGrid to Excel.
    I have a link Button on the page that is supposed to Redirect to the
    page that load the data.
    Now on smaller datasets this works fine, but as the data count gets
    larger, a white page is displayed.

    Smartnavoigation is off. Page and WebConfig, and there is no code
    turning it on. There are no Validation controls( you might notice I
    have reserched this a little)

    I noticed that as I debug the linkbutton command does not fire for the
    large set but works on the smaller ones.

    Server runs W2000 Advanced, Framework 1.1

    This makes no sence to me unless the client runs out of resources.
    Can anyone be so kind to confirm this, or give me any suggestion on
    how to solve this?

    Many thanks in advance,

    Andreas
    Andreas, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Andreas

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    From my experience white pages are side product of problem occurring on
    the page code while postbabk happened. Check on your server side page if
    the form_onload happened (response.write("") , response.End() ).

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, Nov 12, 2003