ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0

Guest

I'm trying to upgrade an ASP.NET site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2. When I open
the web project it is converted and the .cs files are shifted to the code
folder so they get compiled. However all the code-behind files (*.aspx.cs)
are not moved.

These files are never complied. I can test this by putting an obvious error
in the .aspx.cs file and the compiler doesn't give any errors. Also some code
in the .cs files in the code directory uses classes defined in the code
behinds, and the compiler gives an error saying these classes aren't defined.

Is there a way I can force the compiler to compile the .aspx.cs files even
though they aren't in the /code/ folder? I notice that when I make a new web
site in VS.NET 2005 and use the 'code in a separate file' option it does
*not* put the file in the /code/ folder, and yet it *does* compile.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Daniel.

Simon

Daniel said:
[...]

I'm not 100% sure I know what you're meaning by .cs files. Are you refering
to cs files that represent say business objects and other such
non-codebehind/page stuff?

I'm pretty sure that what you must be meaning. Thats a bit weird. I havent
used VS 2005 much but having said that I havent had any problems in that
respect and I have a lot of standard .cs files as well. If I get a second
I'll have a look at making a new project and creating an existing one when I
get a second.

Sorry I can't be of more help straight away. I think someone else may be
able to help. Also maybe there's a beta newsgroup for VS 2005? You may want
to try looking/asking in there as well.

Simon

Guest

I'm not 100% sure I know what you're meaning by .cs files. Are you refering
to cs files that represent say business objects and other such
non-codebehind/page stuff?

Yeah. there are some base classes and general .cs code.
I'm pretty sure that what you must be meaning. Thats a bit weird. I havent
used VS 2005 much but having said that I havent had any problems in that
respect and I have a lot of standard .cs files as well. If I get a second
I'll have a look at making a new project and creating an existing one when I
get a second.

The problem is not the .cs files, it is the fact that VS.NET is not trying
to compile the .aspx.cs files unless I move them to the /code/ directory.
Sorry I can't be of more help straight away. I think someone else may be
able to help. Also maybe there's a beta newsgroup for VS 2005? You may want
to try looking/asking in there as well.
Good idea. Thanks.

Cheers,
Daniel.