ASP.NET 2.0 aspx Page

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello deepak,

it's because you are using File System site (development server) - not IIS

But why this bother your?!
In Project options you can change the type of server and switch to IIS

---
WBR,

d> Hi All,
d>
d> I am working on asp.net 2. 0 Application using MS Visual Studio 2005.
d> When I am trying to debug the code on the server (my server name is
d> esealvm087), it's redirecting to
d> http://localhost:2908/attachmenthandler instead of
d> http://esealvm087/attachmenthandler.
d>
d> I don’t quite understand how this is a problem, since localhost is
d> the same as 087, but anyway....
d>
d> Kindly let me know asap if i am wrong somewhere...
d>
d> Thanks,
d> Deepak
d> +919886735837

deepak

Hi Micheal,

Mya you terll me how to change it from Development server to IIS as you
mentioned in your comment as i am new to VS 2005. Kinldy let me knwo step by
step.

Thanks,
Deepak

Eliyahu Goldin said:
http://localhost:2908/attachmenthandler is the development server that comes
out of box with VS. The other option is to run on your local IIS. You can
choose between the two in the project properties.

BTW, running on the development server is rarely a problem. In some cases
you have to use IIS, but not always at all.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

deepak said:
Hi All,

I am working on asp.net 2. 0 Application using MS Visual Studio 2005.
When I am trying to debug the code on the server (my server name is
esealvm087), it's redirecting to http://localhost:2908/attachmenthandler
instead of http://esealvm087/attachmenthandler.

I don't quite understand how this is a problem, since localhost is the
same
as 087, but anyway....

Kindly let me know asap if i am wrong somewhere...

Thanks,
Deepak
+919886735837

deepak

Hi Michael/Eliyahu,

I right clicked on the project in solctuon explorer and set prot attribute
from 2908 to 8080 and then again tried to debug it but now after pressign F5,
it is showing "Unable to launch Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server, port
'8080' is use".
Is there any way to know where this port is used and how to get it free if
it is really used.Basically, i want to run the application using

http://esealvm087/attachmenthandler
or
http://localhost/attachmenthandler

instead of

http://localhost:2908/attachmenthandler

Kinldy help me ....i m really stuck here currently

Thanks a lot in advance,
Deepak
+919886735837

Eliyahu Goldin said:
http://localhost:2908/attachmenthandler is the development server that comes
out of box with VS. The other option is to run on your local IIS. You can
choose between the two in the project properties.

BTW, running on the development server is rarely a problem. In some cases
you have to use IIS, but not always at all.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
http://usableasp.net

deepak said:
Hi All,

I am working on asp.net 2. 0 Application using MS Visual Studio 2005.
When I am trying to debug the code on the server (my server name is
esealvm087), it's redirecting to http://localhost:2908/attachmenthandler
instead of http://esealvm087/attachmenthandler.

I don't quite understand how this is a problem, since localhost is the
same
as 087, but anyway....

Kindly let me know asap if i am wrong somewhere...

Thanks,
Deepak
+919886735837

Eliyahu Goldin

Check Use IIS Web Serve. Do you have IIS running?

--

Eliyahu Goldin said:
[...]

where is this check.... Yes, IIS is running....but where is that
check...?Also i right click on project prperties and set default pott=8080
and now i got that can not debug the application as this port is busy ...
Kinldy let me know step by stpe if possible....

Thanks,
Deepak

: