ASP.NET 2.0 JavaScript Konqueror support?

Thomas Bandt

Hi all,

I was really surprised a few minute ago to see that my
pages which run everywhere fine don't do this on Konqueror
browser on Linux OS. The page at itself works, but ASP.NET
don't deliver the JavaScript-Code which is necessary to
run LinkButtons, AutoPostback and so on.

So, is this a bug - and does anybody know about a bugfix,
or have I to edit my own BrowserCaps like 2 years ago with
ASP.NET 1.x?

Regards, Thomas

Juan T. Llibre

Until you learn to create a konqueror.browser file, to place in
drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\Browsers ,
copy the Konqueror definition into the BrowserCaps section of your web.config:

http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/browserCaps_spaces.txt

You might want to copy the other definitions there, too.

BrowserCaps is deprecated in ASP.NET 2.0,
although it will continue to work until the next version.