    password. For the users that don't have an account on our network, I want to
    allow them to log on to my site using an account just for the site in sql.
    Is this possible? Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?bGFuZW0=?=, Oct 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bGFuZW0=?=

    clintonG Guest

    // tons of fun...
    search: membership active directory site:msdn2.microsoft.com

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

    clintonG, Oct 22, 2005

  3. Thanks clintonG. I see how that article shows how to configure a site with a
    SQL provider and an Active Directory Provider, but how does it really work in
    practice. Does the site look up the user in Active Directory and if it
    doesn't find it then look it up in SQL? Do you have any more details on how
    this actually works?

    =?Utf-8?B?bGFuZW0=?=, Oct 24, 2005
  4. lanem wrote:
    > Thanks clintonG. I see how that article shows how to configure a
    > site with a SQL provider and an Active Directory Provider, but how
    > does it really work in practice. Does the site look up the user in
    > Active Directory and if it doesn't find it then look it up in SQL?
    > Do you have any more details on how this actually works?

    Lanem,

    The providers are completely separate. Either you use the provider for AD
    or the SQL provider. There is no failover.

    --
    Jim Cheshire
    JIMCO Software

    JIMCO Software, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Thanks Jim. That's what I was afraid of.

    =?Utf-8?B?bGFuZW0=?=, Oct 24, 2005
  6. lanem wrote:
    > Thanks Jim. That's what I was afraid of.

    If you have a different need, you can write your own provider! There are
    examples in the SDK documentation.

    --
    Jim Cheshire
    JIMCO Software