asp.net 2.0 to AJAX

Ganesh

Hi There

I've already web pages written in asp.net 2.0, the features of ajax is
really impressive. I would like to use some on my asp.net 2.0 web
pages.

How much work I've to do for the conversion

Thanks
Ganesh

Lit

It depends on how big your website is?
It depends on what parts to AJAXify

Certain things are as easy as adding an update Panel and scriptmanager etc..

DO NOT AJAXify everything, just what is necessary.

It is can be easy (not).

Lit

Fred Chateau

Depends on what you're trying to do. If you just want partial page rendering
(asynchronous updates to existing controls on the page), that is relatively
easy to accomplish. If you intend to use the AJAX Control Toolkit, then
we're talking about having to change out the controls on the Web page.