ASP.NET 2.0 Windows Control Library in IE works once

Guest

I am creating an ASP.NET 2.0 application that I want to embed a Windows
Control into. Here are the steps:

1) I created a new Windows Control Library with a simple "hello world" app.
2) Compiled to DLL.
3) Put the DLL in the root directory of my asp.net application
4) Placed the following line in my code:

<object id='myObj' classid='ImgViewer.dll#ImgViewer.Viewer'></object>

I run the program, works great. I can click the button and the label reads
'hello world'

Here is the strange part. If I make any change (ie background color) to the
control and overwrite the dll and run the project, all I get is a small box,
no more control.

I can create a new control using the same technique, and it does exactly the
same thing... works once. I know it is finding the dll, as if I change the
<object...> line to a different dll name, the little box doesn't show.

Has anyone else seen this?

Jeff

Ken Cox

What happens if you tell VS not to bump up the project version but retain
one version throughout?

Guest

Thanks for the reply Ken,

I gave that a try setting the build versions to 1.0.0.0, and the same thing
happened. Worked great once.

Jeff