ASP .NET 2.0

Lou Civitella

I am trying to run a local web site on a clients computer. Created the new
web site in IIS and set the ASP .Net version to 2.0. When I try to access
the web site using http://localhost:9999 I get a web page with this on it.
'Server Application Unavailable'

I looked at the event log and these are the two errors that it created.
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2728) stopped unexpectedly.

Any ideas on how to get the site running correctly? What do these messages
mean?

Thanks,
Lou

Michel de Becdelièvre

If you have a web site running ASP.Net 1.1 on the same server, you need to
use a second Application Domain for Asp.Net 2.0.

Lou Civitella

ASP 1.1 is not installed. Any other suggestions?

Michel de Becdelièvre said:
If you have a web site running ASP.Net 1.1 on the same server, you need to
use a second Application Domain for Asp.Net 2.0.

Juan T. Llibre

Given that you're using aspnet_wp.exe , you're either using IIS 5 or IIS 5.1.

Which one is it ? ( which OS are you using ? )

re:
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is
denied.

Check the Required Access Control Lists (ACLs) permissions for your ASP.NET account.

If you are impersonating, the account doing the impersonating needs the ACLs permissions.

If you are not impersonating, the default ASP.NET account
( probably machinename\ASPNET ) needs permissions.

See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx
for a list of ASP.NET 2.0 directories and the permissions the ASP.NET account requires.

Review this checklist :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000009.asp
If you wish to run ASP.NET with a custom service account.

Juan T. Llibre

Actually, Windows 2000 Server runs IIS 5.0, not IIS 5.1.
Windows XP runs IIS 5.1.

Just follow the directions in the links I sent you, and let us know how you did.

OK ?

Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Asp.net 2.0

give the IIS_WPG group (which contains ASPNET, IWAM_MachineName, LOCAL SERVICE, NETWORK SERVICE & SYSTEM) read/write access to our web root directory