ASP.Net 3.5 - Retrieving List of Local Printers on Client Machine ?

Luqman

I am using Visual studio 2008 and ASP.Net 3.5

How can I fill a combo with List of Local Printers, installed on Client
Machine ?

If I have to buy any Activex Control from Internet, please do recommend.

Best Regards,

Luqman

Luqman

Hi,

I want this facility for my Intranet Application, running in my Office, so
that user can print the Crystal Report through ASP.Net, directly to his
local default printer.

Currently they can do so, by installing Crystal Printing Control (a thin
client activex) which shows their local printer.

But the problem starts, when the report is designed for Landscape Printing
and User has to change the Printing Style from Portrait to Landscape every
time in Printing Preferences.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Even I get some help, how Crystal Printing Control of ASP.Net can be used in
code, will also be beneficial for me.

Best Regards,

Luqman

musosdev

You should be able to do it by hand, if the printers on your Office network
are installed in the ActiveDirectory (if you have AD), then you can just
query against that with DirectoryServices and fill the combo/list from that.

HTH

Mark Rae said:
[top-posting corrected]
I want this facility for my Intranet Application, running in my Office, so
that user can print the Crystal Report through ASP.Net, directly to his
local default printer.

You didn't mention any of this in your original post...
Even I get some help, how Crystal Printing Control of ASP.Net can be used
in code, will also be beneficial for me.

I don't have much experience of Crystal, but there are dozens of articles on
the web about this...

Here's one:
http://aspalliance.com/509_Automatically_Printing_Crystal_Reports_in_ASPNET.3