ASP.NET and a FRAME

Jon Delano

Hello

I am having difficulty using a <FRAME> on an ASP.NET VB webform.
What I am doing is I have a row of buttons (mimic'g a tab look and feel) ...
with a panel control under neath the buttons.

In the panel control I have a label control.

When the user clicks a button, I change the TEXT property of the label to
something like this :

"<FRAME onmousemove=""" & "start=new Date();start=Date.parse(start)/1000;" &
""" SRC=""" & "patientinout.aspx" & """ WIDTH=1024 Height=768
FrameBorder=1></frame>"

What happens is, you don't see the source page.
Now if I use IFRAME instead ... it works just fine.

My problem is I have an autologoff system that uses the onmousemove event
(client side javascript) ... the iframe doesn't support the onmousemove
event, so I am unable to reset the autologoff when the mouse is moving
inside the iframe.

Now the FRAME does support the onmousemove .. and that works .. but the aspx
page isn't displayed on the page .. just a blank box.

Anyone have any ideas ? (besides that I have no idea what I am doing ... I
know that much already .. lol)

Thanks
Jon

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Jon,

You could create a page that completely fills the IFrame with a <span> or

bruce barker

if you use frames they must be contined in frameset page. no other markeup
is proccesed

<frameset cols="10,*">
<frame src=page1.aspx></frame>
<frame src=page2.aspx></frame>
</frameset>
this text will only appear if the browser does not support frames.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)