    tutorials, or books that could point me in this direction using VB.NET?

    Thanks,

    James
    James, Aug 29, 2003

  2. James

    Ananda Sim Guest

    Hi James,

    If you are only interested in Calendar items (I'd refrain from calling it a
    Calendar event because uh, the industry reuses jargon over and over again),
    you don't need Outlook or the Outlook object model. All you need to do is to
    construct a VCAL file which is a plain text file - search MSDN or google....

    Hope This Helps
    Ananda

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible for me to generate Outlook objects in an ASP.NET

    application

    Ananda Sim, Aug 30, 2003

  3. Hi James,

    Thanks for your post. I'd like to share the following information with you:

    Creating an Appointment/Meeting Request from ASP.NET can be done but how
    you do it will depend on the type of environment you are using.

    First, the Outlook Object Model is not supported for use unattended or from
    a service, so the Outlook Object Model is not suitable to run from an
    ASP.NET page. For more information see the following article:

    Q237913 INFO: Outlook Object Model Unsuitable to Run in Windows Service
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q237/9/13.asp

    If you want the code to run on an ASP.NET Web Server, you should review the
    following article about the supported Messaging APIs with the .NET
    Framework and make a decision based on your environment.

    Support Policy for Microsoft Exchange APIs with .NET Framework
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=813349

    For example, if your users are working against an Exchange 2000 server you
    can use WebDAV to create Appointments directly in Calendar folders or to
    send meeting requests. Here is an article with some sample WebDAV code:

    308373 HOWTO: Send a Meeting Request Using WebDAV
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308373

    If you are not using an Exchange Server then users will typically have
    their Calendars stored in local Personal Folder files (.pst) and you will
    not be able to access these folders directly from a Web Server (or any
    other machine). In this type of scenario you could generate a mail message
    using System.Web.Mail (based on the previous code sample posted to this
    thread) and attach and iCalendar (.ics) file with the meeting information.
    iCalendar information can be sent in a text file attachment. For testing,
    you can create an iCalendar item in Outlook by selecting an Appointment in
    your Calendar and then choosing "Forward as iCalendar" from the Actions
    menu. You can then open the attached ".ics" file in a text editor like
    Notepad to see the iCalendar information. To get more information about the
    iCalendar Internet Standard you can search the web for "RFC" and
    "iCalendar". For example, here is a "Request For Comment" (RFC) link I
    found for the iCalendar format: <http://rfc-2445.rfcindex.net>.

    By the way, there are no supported .NET APIs for working with Exchange
    Server 5.5 data, so you could use CDO 1.21 in a classic ASP page to create
    Appointments. There is no server-side API either that is supported for
    creating Task items. The only supported API for creating Outlook Task items
    is the Outlook Object Model.

    Please feel free to let me know if you have any problems or concerns.

    Have a nice day!

    Regards,

    HuangTM
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    MCSE/MCSD

    This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Tian Min Huang, Aug 30, 2003
  4. James

    ysut

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Is it possible to store outlook email item(s) into a database ? Basicly, I need to copy an email item(s) from microsoft outlook into a webform and store in Ms. Sql server database, as a proof of the transaction.

    How to do that ?

    Thanks in Advance.

    Regards
    YSut