    Please suggest !

    Thanx in advance
    Samik.
    =?Utf-8?B?c2FtaWtkdXQ=?=, Feb 19, 2004

  2. "=?Utf-8?B?c2FtaWtkdXQ=?=" <> wrote in
    > Cannot view the output of ascx file in Netscape but can view all in IE
    > and Opera. Please suggest !!

    What version of Netscape are you using?

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Feb 19, 2004

  3. I am using Netscape 6.0 .
    =?Utf-8?B?c2FtaWtkdXQ=?=, Feb 19, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2FtaWtkdXQ=?=

    Rajiv R Guest

    Hi Sam,

    You wil need to closely look into the HTML in ur ascx file! You can probably
    put that in a simple .html file and check it in netscape6.0 if its comes up.

    if its not too long, you can post it here.

    --
    Cheers!
    Rajiv. R
    Rajiv R, Feb 19, 2004
  5. When I first started creating aspx pages with Visual Studio .Net, everything
    looked fine in I, Opera and a few other odd browsers. However, when I had
    someone with Netscape Navigator 4 & 6 check a page, all of the controls
    where in the wrong place and looked odd.

    I went back and checked the HTML code that was produced and noted that I had
    two <html> tags. It wasn't the fault of Visual Studio, but rather the way I
    was importing HTML code as text into a Literal. Instead of the text
    containing just the body text of the HTML page I wanted to display in the
    literal, it contained a <html> tag and a <body> tag and the closing tags
    also. That gave me two<html> and two <body> tags and closing tags on the
    page the browser was trying to display. IE wasn't bothered by this, but
    Netscape was.

    When I fixed that text problem, the page displayed fine in Netscape
    Navigator 6.0--but I never could get it to display properly in version 4.

    William LaMartin, Feb 19, 2004
  6. "William LaMartin" <> wrote in
    > When I fixed that text problem, the page displayed fine in Netscape
    > Navigator 6.0--but I never could get it to display properly in version
    > 4.

    NS4 is just OLD. There is so much it does not impelement. Very few dynamic
    sites today work in NS4.

    NS6 works -but has a LOT of bugs. NS7 should be used.

    That being said - ASP has an "Affinity" to IE and often produces output that
    only works in IE. Sometimes you just have to look at your HTML and determine
    what it is that isnt right for NS.

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Thanx a lot. I think I can solve the problem now
    Samik.
    =?Utf-8?B?c2FtaWtkdXQ=?=, Feb 20, 2004