ASP.Net and Netscape Problem

Guest

Cannot view the output of ascx file in Netscape but can view all in IE and Opera.
Please suggest !

Thanx in advance
Samik.

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

=?Utf-8?B?c2FtaWtkdXQ=?= said:
Cannot view the output of ascx file in Netscape but can view all in IE
and Opera. Please suggest !!

What version of Netscape are you using?

Rajiv R

Hi Sam,

You wil need to closely look into the HTML in ur ascx file! You can probably
put that in a simple .html file and check it in netscape6.0 if its comes up.

if its not too long, you can post it here.

William LaMartin

When I first started creating aspx pages with Visual Studio .Net, everything
looked fine in I, Opera and a few other odd browsers. However, when I had
someone with Netscape Navigator 4 & 6 check a page, all of the controls
where in the wrong place and looked odd.

I went back and checked the HTML code that was produced and noted that I had
two <html> tags. It wasn't the fault of Visual Studio, but rather the way I
was importing HTML code as text into a Literal. Instead of the text
containing just the body text of the HTML page I wanted to display in the
literal, it contained a <html> tag and a <body> tag and the closing tags
also. That gave me two<html> and two <body> tags and closing tags on the
page the browser was trying to display. IE wasn't bothered by this, but
Netscape was.

When I fixed that text problem, the page displayed fine in Netscape
Navigator 6.0--but I never could get it to display properly in version 4.

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

William LaMartin said:
When I fixed that text problem, the page displayed fine in Netscape
Navigator 6.0--but I never could get it to display properly in version
4.

NS4 is just OLD. There is so much it does not impelement. Very few dynamic
sites today work in NS4.

NS6 works -but has a LOT of bugs. NS7 should be used.

That being said - ASP has an "Affinity" to IE and often produces output that
only works in IE. Sometimes you just have to look at your HTML and determine
what it is that isnt right for NS.