Netscape problem

Stephen

Hi,
I have a problem with Netscape. I am using javascript to pass values and
redirecting to the same place. it works fine in IE and not in netscape.
please suggest.

function popup(WardrobeSet)

{

document.forms(0).action = "WardrobeSet.aspx?WardrobeSet=" + WardrobeSet;

document.forms(0).submit();

}

Please Advice,
Stephen.

Karl

I think you mean you have a problem with IE...just because something works
doesn't mean it should....anyways, try:

document.forms[0].action = "test.html";
document.forms[0].submit();

(replace the parantheses for square brackets).

Karl

Stephen

Hi Karl,
the problem is not with IE, the form works on IE but not with netscape, I
did try it with [] instead of ().
another problem is, its a post back event to retrieve values.
Stephen.

Stephen said:
Hi,
I have a problem with Netscape. I am using javascript to pass values and
redirecting to the same place. it works fine in IE and not in netscape.
please suggest.

function popup(WardrobeSet)

{

document.forms(0).action = "WardrobeSet.aspx?WardrobeSet=" + WardrobeSet;

document.forms(0).submit();

}

Please Advice,
Stephen.

Karl

In the spirit of teaching a man how to fish, you can type "javascript:" in
the address bar of netscape to get a javascript console up, it wouldn't have
said to replace ( with [, but it might have been helpful.

Karl

Stephen said:
Hi,
I have a problem with Netscape. I am using javascript to pass values and
redirecting to the same place. it works fine in IE and not in netscape.
please suggest.

function popup(WardrobeSet)

{

document.forms(0).action = "WardrobeSet.aspx?WardrobeSet=" + WardrobeSet;

document.forms(0).submit();

}

Please Advice,
Stephen.

Karl

I was being something of a jack :) IE shouldn't work with (), I know it
does, but it shouldn't so in that sense it's a problem with IE because it's
giving you the false sense that the problem is with netscape.

As for your postback problem, I'm not sure what you are trying to do:

- You are on index.aspx
- you run that javascript
- you want the action page (index2.aspx) behave as though it was posted back
to?

You won't be able to do that...you'll get invalid viewstate errors and there
isn't much you can do about it. If this is really waht you want, you might
want to explain in more detail what you are trying to do and I might be able
to help you find a better alternative.

Karl