ASP.NET applications not working??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Naveen, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Naveen

    Naveen Guest

    Hi,
    I'm new to deploying ASP.NET applications. So got a few sample apps
    like DotNetNuke and others and tried to run them on the webhost account
    i have. But every time it gives the same error --

    Runtime Error
    custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
    application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It
    could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server
    machine.

    Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
    viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within
    a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the
    current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its
    "mode" attribute set to "Off".

    URL's --
    http://naveen.yfsindia.org/pix/ -- Picture Gallery
    http://naveen.yfsindia.org/dnn/ -- DotNetNuke
    http://naveen.yfsindia.org/dn2/ -- NetFlashGraphs

    Though i've done the abovementioned changes, but still the error
    persists. Also, my webhost says that there is some error in the code
    and i've also granted permissions to the ASPNET user on all the
    application directories.

    Where am i going wrong??

    Thanks
    Naveen
    Naveen, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Naveen,

    The one thing I can think of to help you get the error message, which is
    what you'll need to trouble-shoot this, is to make certain that you are
    setting the customErrors tag in the proper web.config file. In ASP.NET 2.0
    it is possible to have a web.config file for separate folders of a site. And
    it's the folder for the file in question who's web.config file needs to be
    set.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP