    Any suggestions/links/code is really appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Stephen

    Stephen Noronha, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Hi Stephen,

    This is a bit of a tricky requirement. The way you get the Windows
    Autheitication dialog box to come up is by setting IIS authentication. IIS
    has 3 types of authentication: Anonymous (most common), Basic (User Name and
    Password), and Windows Integrated Authentications (Kerberos). You would need
    to at least disallow anonymous access to the web site via IIS.

    The second part of this scenario is the ASP.Net application's role in this.
    When using a typical configuration, the user only has to log in once per
    Session, and the credentials are cached on the browser, so the user doesn't
    have to keep logging in with each Request. But you want to cause the
    Authentication dialog box to come up even if they Refresh the page. I'm not
    sure how that would be done, but I can point you to the .Net SDK articles
    you would need to read in order to determine if and how that might be done:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/authaspdotnet.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/cpguide/html/cpconaspnetauthentication.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/vsent7/html/vxconASPNETAuthentication.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/vsent7/html/vxconASPNETAuthentication.asp