ASP.NET client-side validation working, but button click not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alan Silver, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Hello,

    I have just copied a new site up to the production server and have
    encountered an odd problem. The site uses validation, and this seems to
    be working fine. For some reason, link button clicking works fine, but
    normal button clicking doesn't do anything.

    To clarify, if the page contains...

    <asp:LinkButton ID="lOK" Text="OK" OnClick="lOK_Click" RunAt="server" />
    <asp:Button ID="bOK" OnClick="bOK_Click" Text="OK" RunAt="server" />

    then clicking the first works as expected, but clicking the second
    doesn't do anything at all.

    I suppose this is something to do with the client-side Javascript, but
    I'm not sure what. I have tried copying the aspnet_client files again,
    but this didn't help. This all works fine on my development server,
    which is running the identical OS, SP, etc.

    Any ideas? TIA

    --
    Alan Silver

    Alan Silver, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    P.S. did aspnet_regiis -c again, did Ctrl-f5 on the browser and it
    worked.

    Wonder why it didn't work first time? Oh well.

    --
    Alan Silver

    Alan Silver, Aug 2, 2005