    within VS2005 etc.

    /David
    , Oct 10, 2007

  2. To specify the Web server for an already-created Web site which is served
    with the ASP.NET Development Server, open your project/application with
    VS 2005 and, in the Solution Explorer, right-click the name of the Web site
    for which you want to specify an IIS Web server, and then click Property Pages.

    In the Property Pages dialog box, click the Start Options tab.
    Under Server, click Use custom server.

    In the Base URL box, type the URL that VS 2005 should start when running the current Web site.
    You can use localhost, your machine name, or an assigned domain name for your IP.

    From that point on, the VS.NET IDE will not use the internal web server,
    but will use IIS to open your pages.

    You must, previously, create a virtual directory for your application in the IIS Manager.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 10, 2007

    On 10 Okt., 13:55, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:

    > From that point on, the VS.NET IDE will not use the internal web server,
    > but will use IIS to open your pages.

    Okay, thanks. Is there an easy way to do that permanently for all
    future projects?

    > You must, previously, create a virtual directory for your application in the IIS Manager.

    How do I do that?

    /David
    , Oct 10, 2007
  4. re:
    !> Okay, thanks. Is there an easy way to do that permanently for all future projects?

    You don't need to.

    If you select "File", "New Web Site", from the VS 2005 IDE,
    in the "Location" dropdown you can select whether it will be
    an http-based website, instead of a file-based website.

    re:
    !>> You must, previously, create a virtual directory for your application in the IIS Manager.
    !> How do I do that?

    Use the IIS Manager.
    Right-click the "Default Web Site", select "New"...and choose either "Web site" or "Virtual Directory".

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 10, 2007