ASP.NET driving me crazy

shapper

Hello,

First of all let me know that the CSS Control Adapters is a really
good idea ...

ASP.NET renders poorly some of their controls and not CSS friendly ...
so surprise that. Just see IE6 ...

The problem is that CSS Control Adapters has many problems.

Try this, that I am trying for days:

Create a GridView (Table) and try to set 1 column with fixed width and
the others expanded.

HeaderStyle.Width does not work.

HeaderStyle.CssClass does not work.

Any sugestion?

Other project that I think is great is AJAX Control Toolkit. But in 1
month I already found and reported 4 bugs.

I love ASP.NET but sometimes I get so frustrated with the render
problems and bugs that I start thinking in moving for new technologies
out there as Ruby.

Thanks,

Miguel

darrel

I love ASP.NET but sometimes I get so frustrated with the render
problems and bugs that I start thinking in moving for new technologies
out there as Ruby.

Yep. Same here.

The 'fix' for me has been a whole lot of stringwriters. Sort of defeats the
purpose of .net, but hey, at least I can control what it's spitting out
then.

-Darrel

shapper

Yep. Same here.

The 'fix' for me has been a whole lot of stringwriters. Sort of defeats the
purpose of .net, but hey, at least I can control what it's spitting out
then.

-Darrel

I just wonder why Microsoft does not improve ASP.NET render.
In many other things ... for example, from ASP.NET 2.0 to 3.5 the only
really big thing is LINQ!

Rendering and making everything being according to W3C in CSS and HTML
should be a main objective!

Or is Microsoft going to let ASP.NET arrive at the same state that IE
6 which was maybe one of the worse browsers I ever saw when comparing
with its rivals.

Thanks,
Miguel