ASP.NET Emailing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Smith, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Server: Windows 2000
    ..Net Framework: v1.1.4322.573

    I have created a class in asp.net that sends out an email message. It used
    to work on the live server but now it doesn't? I never made any changes to
    the application. So, I tried using the application from my machine
    (development server) and it works fine. I setup both to use the exact same
    SMTPServer as "mail.whatever.com" and still the developer server works but
    the live server does not. I tried with the ip address and still no success
    on the live server. Any ideas? Maybe a service that I should check to see
    if it is running? The SMTP service is running. Thank you in advance for
    your help.

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    ----

    The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code
    was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not available

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The message
    could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was
    0x800ccc15. The server response was not available

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [COMException (0x80040211): The message could not be sent to the SMTP
    server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not
    available
    ]

    [TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an
    invocation.]
    System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr,
    Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture,
    String[] namedParameters) +0
    System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr,
    Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers,
    CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) +473
    System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
    methodName, Object[] args) +58

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.]
    System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
    methodName, Object[] args) +113
    System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) +1836
    System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) +153
    forms.forms.smtpSendMail.sendMail(String emailFrom, String emailTo,
    String emailCC, String emailBCC, String emailSubject, String emailBody,
    String emailPriority)
    forms.meeting_report_edit.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
    stBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
    sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

    ----

    Version:1.1.4322.573

    John Smith, Nov 4, 2004

  2. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    It turned out that a newer version of McAfee Anti-Virus had been installed
    on the Server, and it blocked port 25 by default. Once we disabled the port
    blocking, it all started working again.

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    > methodName, Object[] args) +113
    > System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) +1836
    > System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) +153
    > forms.forms.smtpSendMail.sendMail(String emailFrom, String emailTo,
    > String emailCC, String emailBCC, String emailSubject, String emailBody,
    > String emailPriority)
    > forms.meeting_report_edit.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    > System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
    > stBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
    > System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
    > sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
    > System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

    > ----
    >
    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

    ASP.NET

    John Smith, Nov 5, 2004