ASP.net file upload

Guest

Hi there,

I try to offer a file upload in my web site. The server is Windows Server
2003 SP1, framework .net 1.1.

It runs fine if the file is smaller than around 260 kb. If the file is
bigger, I always have the error : "Maximum request length exceeded"

I read many post about this error , and configuring the
AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed to a bigger value (1073741824), but I still have
this error.

Is there any other limitations for 2003 servers (my code runs fine on an XP
with Framework 1.1)?

Any idea?

Thanks for your help.

Frank

Paul Clement

¤ Hi there,
¤
¤ I try to offer a file upload in my web site. The server is Windows Server
¤ 2003 SP1, framework .net 1.1.
¤
¤ It runs fine if the file is smaller than around 260 kb. If the file is
¤ bigger, I always have the error : "Maximum request length exceeded"
¤
¤ I read many post about this error , and configuring the
¤ AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed to a bigger value (1073741824), but I still have
¤ this error.
¤
¤ Is there any other limitations for 2003 servers (my code runs fine on an XP
¤ with Framework 1.1)?
¤
¤ Any idea?

How have you implemented the file upload? Are you using the HtmlInputFile control?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)