asp.net out of memory on transform why? Is there thread limit?

Donald Adams

I'm creating Word 2007 reports in asp.net 1.1 via xml transform.
I get data from the SQL server in .5 sec., first transform takes less than a
sec. and uses 10MB.
I have 900MB free memory of the 2GB memory.
On following reports generations, I get out of memory on the transform
command and only half the file is written before it breaks.
The asp.net memory limit isn't at 60%, I even set it to 100% but still get
the same error.

Is there a thread memory limit?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Donald

Donald Adams

I will post some code later, but if it works ok on first try (as in first
person to touch the web), should not each new connection be a new thread and
also in that sense be as the first? Even if I wasn't disposing (I am) that
should only be the problem for that thread. Even if I did not release
memory why does it say out of memory on the transform when I have 900MB
free?
I have try catches for each step, getting data from SQL, etc. It's on the
transform that it gets caught and displays the error.
I watched the actual aspnet process and it increased 10MB in memory... and
I'm the only one using the webserver. I know it's just a rough estimate.
The point is it that the process increased 10MB, second time increased that
much more and got memory error while 900MB free.

,,,Donald