ASP.NET Profile Provider benefits and pitfalls?

Guest

I realize that ASP.NET profile provider is used to create a strongly typed
storage of data that can be used like Session variables but can survive
beyond sessions.

In my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I am thinking of using the ASP.NET profile
provider and its the binary storage capability to store a lot of my user's
custom variables versus rolling my own object storage and access in a
database.

Are there any limits or warnings I should be aware of when before relying on
Profile Provider versus rolling my own database storage and access?