ASP.NET registry keys

Christina Androne

Hello everybody

Is there a list somewhere with what the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\ASP.NET key should contain when
ASP.NET is installed properly? subkeys and values? I am interested
especially in the RootKey value, is it mandatory or not?
I have tried searching through the online MSDN and either I do not know
how to search or the information is not there :(

Thank you,
Christina Androne

Nick

I beleive this has to do with such things as the impersonate tag in the
Web.Config. It can contain a encrypted password so that it won't be
displyaed in the Web.Config file.

Christina Androne

Nick said:
I beleive this has to do with such things as the impersonate tag in
the Web.Config. It can contain a encrypted password so that it won't
be displyaed in the Web.Config file.
Sorry but I do not understand a thing you're saying :). I am asking
which are the keys ASP.NET writes into the registry when it is
installing.

But thank you for answering,
Christina Androne

Anders Sundberg

Hi Christina

In my machine below are the installed keys, according to your path info
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\ASP.NET".
As far as I understand them, it is information about the framework version,
settings and the paths to ASP.NET necessary files.
/anders

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ASP.NET]
"RootVer"="1.1.4322.0"
"LastInstallTime"=hex(b):82,52,fa,33,ed,81,c3,01

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ASP.NET\1.1.4322.0]
"Path"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.1.4322"
"DllFullPath"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v1.1.4322\\aspnet_isap
i.dll"
"DefaultDoc"="Default.aspx"
"Mimemap"=".wsdl,text/xml,.disco,text/xml,.xsd,text/xml,.wbmp,image/vnd.wap.
wbmp,.png,image/png,.pnz,image/png,.smd,audio/x-smd,.smz,audio/x-smd,.smx,au
dio/x-smd,.mmf,application/x-smaf"
"SupportedExts"=".asax,1,.ascx,1,.ashx,0,.asmx,0,.aspx,0,.axd,0,.vsdisco,0,.
rem,0,.soap,0,.config,1,.cs,1,.csproj,1,.vb,1,.vbproj,1,.webinfo,1,.licx,1,.
resx,1,.resources,1,"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ASP.NET\MachineAccounts]
"ASPNET"=dword:00000000