Registry Access using Asp.net

Sledge

We have developed an accounting application both in windows and web.
Application calls the function in Dll that inturns access the registry keys.
using the value of the registry key it connects to the database and returns
the datasource. In former windows application works fine . but the Asp.net
application does not access the registry key. the registry key values are
stored in [hkey_current_user] session. could any one have a suggestion to
access the registry key[hkey_current_user] values using asp.net?

Thanks

Bruce Barker

for services like asp.net there is no current profile, so there is no
hkey_current_user. the asp.net version should use the local computer keys.
read permission shoudl be given, as the registery is usually locked down.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

jasonkester

Are you sure your settings are under the correct user? If you want to
use anybody other than the default ASP user, you'll have to impersonate
him.

Why are you not using HKey_Local_Machine instead? This seems a better
place to save settings accessed by a web server.

Jason Kester
Expat Software Consulting Services
http://www.expatsoftware.com/