How to access registry

Yoshitha

Hi
I am developing web application through which i've to write and read the
values from the registry.
When i set impersonate property to "false" it is displaying exception "
Requested Registry Access is not allowed"
so then i changed impersonate to "true" and it is reading values from the
registry and writing into the registry.

but when i runing the same aplication in same system now am getting the
exception "requested registry access is not allowed" though i've set
impersonate property to "true"

Can anybody tell me how to solve this problem.
Its urgent for me.
Thanx in advance
Yoshitha

Guest

1. Reduce security on the registry to allow IUSR access. This is a major
security issue, however.

2. Create a windows service that can accept commands by Remoting (a Registry
settings service) and call it to do the work. This makes the security on the
Registry higher, but you are now the keeper of the keys, so do not make a
"enter the registry key you would like to change" page.

3. Create a COM+ application that controls access to the Registry.

Overall, you are going to reduce security no matter how you do this. Limit
exposure by only exposing keys you know are going to be changed by your
application. This is whether you abstract the access via a service or COM+
application, or not. Run the service or COM+ app under a limited account, if
you go that direction, or you are inviting potential hacks on the machine.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!