ASP.NET Session State/Remoting

Guest

Hello. I am starting to develop an ASP.NET application and have a decision
to make regarding data retrieval and storing persistent data for users. This
application has an ASPNET portion, a Win32 console portion, and a Framework
portion which handles all the business logic (standard n-tier design). The
Win32 app makes use of remoting to retrieve objects for data and stuff. As
both the ASPNET and Win32 application shares the same (framework) base code,
I have the option of accessing these remoting objects as well in the Web
Application part (The part I'm in charge of developing).

I'm looking for opinions and comments on what things I should consider
regarding storing the objects I've retrieved via remoting in Session state,
or just letting the object persist on the Server and accessing those through
remoting each time.

My thoughts are that the persistent objects on the Remoting Server are not
really much different than storing those objects in Session state, however
I'm not entirely sure of this, hence the post. Any
thoughts/comments/questions regarding performance issues, security issues,
etc.. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chris Pielak