ASP.Net site timing out

Guest

I've got an asp.net site which runs from IIS 5. On 4 customers sites, this
site runs ok. On our main customers site, one of the pages takes a little
while to process a request & times out - giving the user a "The page cannot
be displayed" error message.

These are the settings I've put in the web.config file:
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".AFormName" loginUrl="WebPageName.aspx"
protection="All" timeout="60" path="/" slidingExpiration="true" />
</authentication>

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="3600" />

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
cookieless="false"
timeout="60"
/>

Guest

Hi Curt,

Thanks for your response. Initially, the login is picked up from an SQL
Server 2000 backend DB, then held throughout the remainder of the site within
formsauthentication session variables.

This 1 with this issue, can login & navigate the site apart from a single
page which contains code which takes upto 5 mins to run (& this code doesn't
reference a database).

Thanks,
Alex

bruce barker

five minutes is too long for a web request. their proxy server may be timing
out the request.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)