ASP.NET slow on XP Pro

MikeH

Hello,

I have a very small ASP.NET app installed on an XP Pro
box in a 5 station workgroup network. All machines are XP
Pro SP1.

Page loads on the IIS machine display HTML immediately
but take about 30 seconds to display the ASP.NET
controls. Each page consists of only two/three buttons
and one or two input controls and associated labels.

Interestingly, page loads on the non-IIS machines are
virtually instantaneos. It is not JIT as it does not
matter how often you run the program, it is still slow.

I believe it is a configuration problen on the IIS server
but I have not got a clue where to start looking.

Any ideas?

MSFT

Hi Mike,

If you create a new ASP.NET application on the Windows XP, will you get
same performance? This can help us determine if we need check the
configration on IIS or the particular virtual folder. You also may refer to
following article to see if they can help to improve the performance:

ASP.NET Optimization
l/cpconaspoptimization.asp

Performance Tuning Tips
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/perftuning.aspx

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

MSFT

Hi Mike,

What is the result after you create the new web application? Any updates?