ASP.NET Validation Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kuldeep, Jul 27, 2007.

  1. Kuldeep

    Kuldeep Guest

    Framework: Visual Studio 2005
    Technology: ASP.NET 2.0
    Language: C#.NET 2.0

    Hi All,

    We have developed a Web Application on Visual Studio 2005 (ASP.NET 2.0) and
    deployed it on the Client's Server.
    [The Client's Server had ASP.NET 1.1 all these days. This is the first
    application which will be deployed in their server which is built in ASP.NET
    2.0]
    Apparently, we have used a lot of ASP Validation Controls in our pages all
    through out our application.

    On the Test Server at our end, these Validation Controls are firing
    precisely without even giving any problems at all.
    But on the other hand, when we deploy the application on the Client's
    Server, we have observed that the Validation Controls are not functioning
    appropriately.

    For Example,
    1. Lets have a Required-Field-Validator for a TextBox
    2. On the "Submit" button-click, the Validators are not firing and there is
    a post-back even if the inputs are invalid.

    Please let us know if there is anything that we are missing out on.

    P.S: We have already followed all these instructions given below and nothing
    has been fruitful so far.

    1. The solution below does not have a clear logical explanation. However,
    several programmers have claimed in blogs that this solution definitely
    works.

    (a) Open IIS Manager

    (b) Select the virtual folder of OT_VSPE application.

    (c) Right click and delete the virtual folder.

    (d) Now create the virtual folder for OT_VSPE application again. After
    creating the virtual folder, make sure to click the ASP.Net Version tab and
    select the version as 2.0.

    (e) Client side validation should now start working.

    2. The second solution is given below:-

    (a) Open a command prompt on the development server and change to the
    directory where aspnet_regiis.exe exists
    (b) Type: aspnet_regiis.exe - ea (this will remove all the client-side
    validation that IIS has registered for all ASP versions installed)
    (c) Now type : aspnet_regiis.exe -c (this will re-install the client-side
    validation)

    Any leads on this would be highly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Kuldeep
    Kuldeep, Jul 27, 2007

  2. Kuldeep,

    I suspect that you are somehow missing the aspnet_client folder from within
    the website that is not working. Normally this folder containing all the
    javascripts needed for the built in aspnet controls is installed on the
    server under c:\inetpub\wwwroot

    Depending on your website setup these scripts are probably not being found
    depending on path setup, etc.

    The easy solution, if this is the case, is to copy the aspnet_client folder
    from your working environment directly into the website folder on the server
    that isn't working.

    Regards,

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    justin@aboutfortunate[-NoSpam-].com

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    S. Justin Gengo, Jul 27, 2007

  3. Kuldeep

    Kuldeep Guest

    We have tried this too.. No luck as yet!
    Any other leads on this??

    Kuldeep

    Kuldeep, Jul 27, 2007
  4. Kuldeep

    bruce barker Guest

    if you are using asp.net 2.0, there are no validation client files. they
    are a resource in the asp.net dll via webresource.axd (which is not a
    real page, but processed by the handler).

    security is preventing access.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 27, 2007
  5. Kuldeep

    Kuldeep Guest

    Hi Bruce,

    Sorry for my ignorance. Could you please let me know how exactly would I
    know
    that the security is preventing access when we look at the "Source of the
    Page"?

    Kuldeep

    Kuldeep, Jul 30, 2007
  6. Kuldeep

    Kuldeep Guest

    Thank You Bruce.
    Your lead actually helped us to solve the problem.

    Kuldeep, Aug 2, 2007