    Is there a way to make projects compatible with what I assume is
    asp.net 1.0 without reinstalling software?

    Thanks for your replies.
    Subsonic, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Subsonic

    dave wanta Guest

    If you are using VS.NET 2003, and if you have 1.0 installed on your machine,
    you can set the references back to 1.0.

    Its a pain, but it should work.

    Cheers!
    Dave
    www.aspNetEmail.com

    dave wanta, Jul 3, 2003

  3. Just to add to what Dave said, there's a free utility here that might help you
    with that:

    ASP.NET Version Switcher 1.0

    "The ASP.NET Version Switcher is a little utility that can be used to quickly
    switch the .NET Framework version that the ASPX pages are compiled against.
    This is helpful for developers who often have to test their web applications
    for compatibility with different version of the .NET Framework. "

    http://www.denisbauer.com/

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 3, 2003
  4. Subsonic

    dave wanta Guest

    Wow, that rocks.

    Just added it to 123aspx.com.

    Cheers!
    Dave
    www.aspNetEmail.com

    dave wanta, Jul 3, 2003
  5. Subsonic

    Subsonic Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:22:28 -0500, Subsonic <>
    wrote:

    >I have installed asp.net version 1.1 on my home machine, and when
    >tried to copy a project to my ISP's server from VStudio using the
    >\project\copy project menu I am told that my ISP does not have the
    >same version of asp.net that I do, and that I should update the
    >server.
    >
    >Is there a way to make projects compatible with what I assume is
    >asp.net 1.0 without reinstalling software?
    >
    >Thanks for your replies.

    Thanks guys, works like a charm. After suffering through several
    nights of UNC errors and installing, unistalling, reinstalling, (sigh)
    its great to have something work so easily.

    Much appreciated.
    Subsonic, Jul 3, 2003