Different .net versions installed.

Qwert

Hello,

I have multiple versions of the MS .NET Framework installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework (english) v1.0.3705 = 1764 MB
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB886906) = 1764 MB
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 = 1764 MB
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903) = 1764 MB

Can I remove them all except 1.1 Hotfix, without disrupting anything on my
comp?

Thanks.

Scott M.

There is no reason to remove any version of them. They are meant to stay
there for backwards compatibilty. You "can" remove any of them you like,
but if you try to run an application that is built for a specific version,
it won't run if that version isn't there.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Scott M.,

FW 1.0 is outdated, U hardly find app for that.
U can freely remove it

S> There is no reason to remove any version of them. They are meant to
S> stay there for backwards compatibilty. You "can" remove any of them
S> you like, but if you try to run an application that is built for a
S> specific version, it won't run if that version isn't there.
S>
S> ---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Scott M.

Uh, no, that's not true at all.

First, I never said you couldn't remove a version, I said you should keep
them for backwards compatibility. Your assertion that there are no VS.NET
2002 applications out there is grossly incorrect.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Scott M.,

Maybe, but have u met apps recently, that need FW 1.0? I haven't, in a year
after FW 1.1 release

S> Uh, no, that's not true at all.
S> First, I never said you couldn't remove a version, I said you should
S> keep them for backwards compatibility. Your assertion that there are
S> no VS.NET 2002 applications out there is grossly incorrect.
S>
S> S>---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Scott M.

Yes, I have.

Michael Nemtsev said:
Hello Scott M.,

Maybe, but have u met apps recently, that need FW 1.0? I haven't, in a
year after FW 1.1 release

S> Uh, no, that's not true at all.
S> First, I never said you couldn't remove a version, I said you should
S> keep them for backwards compatibility. Your assertion that there are
S> no VS.NET 2002 applications out there is grossly incorrect.

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do
not cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Guest

Yub I agree with Scott M. Lots of apps in FW 1.0 but really depends on what
environment you are working on and what you are trying to do.