    application project is available.

    How can I restore that option???

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Peter K, May 28, 2008

  2. Peter K

    Munna Guest

    Re: ASP.Net Web Site not showng in New Web Site window of VisualStudi

    On May 29, 1:27 am, Peter K <> wrote:
    > In Visual Studio 2008, I suddenly no longer have the option of selecting
    > ASP.Net web site project in the New Web Site window, only ASP.NET web
    > application project is available.
    >
    > How can I restore that option???
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Hi

    Not sure what happen ? try reset the environment ...
    go to vs2008 tool menu and select import and export settings....
    a wizard will popup follow the steps to reset your environment

    best of luck

    Munna
    Munna, May 29, 2008

  3. Peter K

    Peter K Guest

    Re: ASP.Net Web Site not showng in New Web Site window of Visual S

    Hi Munna, I should have said so, but, I've tried that in many variations,
    restoring default, restoring previously saved profiles, no change. I just
    ran the repair version of the install, no change. Is there somewhere a
    setting determining which templates are offered?

    The window which always comes up & does not offer ASP.NET web site, only ...
    web site application is attached to my web site at
    http://pgkroeger.net/NewSitesPage.htm

    I found a 'work around', but it's awkward: Open Visual Web Developer 2008
    Express, create the new site, clsose out & open the site files in Visual
    Studio.

    Peter

    Peter K, May 29, 2008