Web Site

Seema

Hi,

I created a Virtual directory for my web site. Now I want to publish it at
http;//localhost/test2. How can I do that.

e.g my website is in the folder C:\project\NyWebSite

Now I treated virtual folder in C:\Project and named it as test2. But when I
go to window explorer C:\project my test2 is not there. So,. How can I
publish it. I have no idea where I am doing wrong

Guest

Hi,

I created a Virtual directory for my web site.  Now I want to publish it at
http;//localhost/test2.  How can I do that.

e.g my website is in the folder C:\project\NyWebSite

Now I treated virtual folder in C:\Project and named it as test2. But when I
go to window explorer C:\project my test2 is not there. So,. How can I
publish it. I have no idea where I am doing wrong

You can't get test2 in windows explorer under C:\project because it is
"virtual" directory in IIS web server. That means you may access it
from Internet Exporer or other browser as http://localhost/test2.

Your project directory is still C:\project\NyWebSite

Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
At first allow permission to c:..project folder for aspnet user.
Open the project GO to BULID-->Publish web site
From deploy popup enter \\c:\project Then click ok. Now browse ...://localhost/test2

REGARDS
shawpnendu.blogspot.com